- Lydia and I went horseback riding. I turned back into a 12-year-old. It was wonderful.
- I turned off my OKCupid account. Again. Because that’s how women play hard to get these days.
- Lydia and I also went to the Downtown Orlando Food and Wine Fest. We ate overpriced cupcakes and drank grocery store wine which left us thankful we didn’t have to pay for the tickets. But still, it was pretty damn fun.
- We’ve started watching Turn – or as we affectionately call it “Turnt”. Basically, every time someone turns we yell “S/he got turnt!” You could even make a drinking game of it, call it Turnt, and get turnt yourself. I recommend for anyone who enjoyed The Patriot. The new season starts on April 13 on AMC, so get caught up on Amazon!
- My new favorite song is “Bills” by Lunchmoney Lewis. It’s a catchy combination of jazzy ragtime and hip hop. I listen to it on repeat and it’s always stuck in my head. I just need to know when we’re going to get a whole album!
- I’ve gotten really into audiobooks lately. Not only does it give me something to look forward to on my drive to work (blegh – Florida driving) but I think it actually keeps me calm. I can get kind of stressed out while driving (again, I attribute that to being in Florida) and giving myself something else to focus on (while still focusing on the road) is a huge help. It’s also gotten me through a couple of books I couldn’t finish if I had been reading them – namely, JK Rowling’s adult fiction novels.*
- On February 21, I reached the 6-month countdown to England. It still doesn’t quite feel real but with each month that passes it starts to become more of a thing that’s happening to me and less of a thing I want to do or am planning to do.
All in all, a quiet but fun February!
*Of course I love JK Rowling, but there’s something about her writing for adults that makes me feel like I’m slogging through a bog of half-solidified Jello.